STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS for Epitex Mattresses
1. Delivery & Shipping
You can opt to receive your Epitex Mattress (the “Mattress”) by delivery or self-collection.
- For the purchase of any Mattress, you will be entitled to a free next-working day delivery.
- Please note that our delivery times are 1 pm – 5 pm on Tuesdays to Fridays and Saturdays. Our delivery times are subject to availability. Kindly select an available time slot at the checkout if you opt for delivery. For deliveries on Mondays, Sundays and Public Holidays, please submit your request by e-mail. Deliveries on Mondays, Sundays, and Public Holidays are subject to availability and a S$ 50.00 surcharge.
- We deliver to all addresses in Singapore except for restricted locations such as military camps, offshore islands and Sentosa. Where delivery to such locations is possible, there will be a surcharge of SGD 50. If you are uncertain about whether your location is restricted, please drop us an enquiry at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
- As mattresses are bulky items, please ensure that you inform the relevant parties (such as your condo’s management office) of the delivery in advance and obtain the necessary approval. Please also let us know of any special circumstances which may be relevant to your delivery, such as small or narrow door frames, passages or lifts. Where necessary, please take measurements to confirm if special circumstances apply.
- Please be informed that there will be surcharges for certain deliveries:
- For locations without lift access (such as HDBs and other residential properties), a surcharge of SGD 10 will be charged for each storey without lift access.
- If our movers are unable to complete the delivery successfully (for any reason attributable to you such as last-minute changes to the delivery address, incorrect delivery details being provided or the property’s management denying our entry), a surcharge of SGD 50 will be charged for each unsuccessful delivery.
- For deliveries on Mondays, Sundays and Public Holidays, a surcharge of S$ 50.00 is applicable.
- A disposal fee of S$ 50.00 per mattress is payable if you request that we dispose of your old mattress(es) from your premises. Please provide us with the required details for the disposal at checkout.
- To facilitate the disposal of your unwanted mattress(es), please ensure that the passage out of the premises is not obstructed. We will not be liable for any damage caused in course of disposing the mattress(es).
- We do not provide disposal services for bed frames, storage and other furniture. Our disposal service is limited to disposing of your existing mattress(es), at the number of new Mattress(es) that you purchase from us, e., our disposal services is available to dispose of one of your existing mattress if you purchase one new Mattress from us.
2. Trial Period
- All our Mattresses come with a 60-night free trial period (the “Trial Period”). Subject to Clause 2, the Trial Period starts from the day of the collection or delivery of the Mattresses.
- For Mattresses which are out of stock and which you have pre-ordered, the Trial Period will commence on the date of delivery.
- Please note that the Trial Period is limited to one Mattress per customer or per household (whichever is applicable).
- We have provided the Trial Period for you to test out the Mattress and decide if the Mattress is suitable for you. If you have any questions regarding the Mattress during the Trial Period, please check the FAQs on our website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to answer any queries you may have.
- If you decide that the Mattress is unsuitable for you during the Trial Period, please arrange for a refund with us (the “Refund Request”). Please refer to the Return Policy before making your Refund Request.
3. Return Policy
- Only Mattresses purchased on the official Epitex website (epitexhome.com) are eligible for return.
- To make a Return Request, please send an email with your order number, reasons for the return, available scheduled pick-up time, and proof of purchase to email@example.com. The pickup address must be the same as the delivery address at the time of delivery.
- For all returns, the Mattress must be wrapped up securely using the original plastic packaging (or any other plastic packaging which can serve the same purpose) such that the Mattress does not get dirty or damaged during transportation. Failing this, a cleaning/repair fee of SGD 100 will be charged and will be deducted promptly from the refund.
- To be eligible for a return for non-defective items:
- You must request for a return within the Trial Period. You will not be eligible for a return once the Trial Period is over.
- You are eligible for the return of a maximum of one Mattress per customer or per household (whichever is applicable).
- You must have paid for the Mattress in full at the time the Return Request is made.
- You must have tried the Mattress for at least 25 nights of the Trial Period. As it generally takes 3 to 4 weeks for your body to adjust to a new mattress, kindly try the Mattress for at least 25 nights before making your decision.
- You must remain contactable while we are processing the Return Request.
- While returned Mattresses are not resold, they must be in good condition as they will be donated to our associated charities. If the Mattress has been damaged, dirtied or stained, you will not be eligible for a return.
- You are not eligible for a return if you have ordered the wrong size and want to change the size of the Mattress. Please check the dimensions of the Mattresses carefully before making your purchase.
- For Mattresses which are defective, you may request for an exchange or refund via live chat or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must make the Return Request within 3 hours of successful delivery and provide image proof of the defective parts of the Mattress. For the return, please place the defective Mattress back into its original box and plastic packaging.
- We generally take 3 to 5 working days to process your Return Request. For Return Requests which are valid under our Return Policy, refunds due to you will be made using the same method of payment as you used when placing your order.
- Refunds may take up to 14 working days to be reflected in your account, subject to the issuing bank’s processing timing.
- Any surcharge incurred during the course of delivery (e.g. Delivery, Lifting Charges, Disposal Fee etc) will not be refunded should the mattress be returned due to any reason other than defects.
- All our Mattresses come with a 12-year limited warranty commencing on the date of purchase (the “Warranty Period”).
- The Warranty Period will not be renewed on the provision of a repaired or replaced mattress under this Warranty. The Warranty Period will continue to run for the remainder of the period starting from the date of purchase.
- Unless an exclusion applies, we warrant that all our Mattresses are free from material defects due to faulty workmanship or materials for the duration of the Warranty Period.
- Our warranty covers:
- coils, wires and border rods which are loose or broken and which causes the surface of the Mattress to collapse;
- coils or wires that protrude or tear through the insulation materials or surface panel of the Mattress;
- visible indentations greater than 1 inch (or 2.54 cm) resulting from flaws in manufacturing and not normal wear and tear; and
- any physical or structural flaw in the Mattress that causes the mattress foam to split or crack, despite normal use and handling.
- Our limited warranty does not apply to:
- all third parties other than the original purchaser, including those who have purchased the Mattresses used, second hand or from parties other than Epitex. Our warranty is non-transferable and only applies to the original purchaser;
- invalid warranty claims which do not adhere to our claims process stated below;
- individual presences relating to the firmness, design, materials or feel of the Mattresses;
- Mattresses which have not been used or handled properly with due care and in accordance with our instructions supplied with our Mattresses;
- damage resulting from the use of the Mattress with an inappropriate or unsuitable bed frame, surface, base or foundation. The Mattress requires a proper bed frame and surface/base to support the collective weight of the Mattress and its user(s);
- any damage including but not limited to physical and structural damages such as stains, burns, tears, cuts and liquid damage resulting from the use of the Mattress;
- damage resulting from wear and tear of the Mattress including but not limited to scratches, indentations, cuts, discolouration, shrinkage, fabric piling, stains and/or damages result from use;
- a normal increase in softness of the foams of the Mattress through wear and tear;
- damage resulting from the washing or drying of the Mattress cover;
- any minor manufacturing flaws to the Mattress including but not limited to cosmetic flaws such as uneven stitching and loose threads which do not affect the pressure redistributing properties of the Mattress;
- Mattresses which have been incorrectly or improperly assembled, stored or used;
- Mattresses which have been used outdoors; and
- Mattresses which have been altered or cleaned using cleaning products or methods which are not specifically provided on epitexhome.com.
- To make a warranty claim, you must:
- reach us at email@example.com to make a warranty claim;
- provide us with your original proof of purchase and any other details required by us; and
- where a valid claim is made, follow our instructions on the repair or replacement of the Mattress.
- For valid warranty claims, we will, at our sole discretion, decide whether to repair or replace the defective Mattress. In the event of replacement, we will endeavour to provide a replacement mattress of the same model. However, if the model is discontinued or otherwise unavailable, we reserve the right to provide a replacement that, in our sole direction, is similar to the defective Mattress. At the time of replacement, you must return the original defective Mattress to us.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we, including our affiliates, officers, representatives, employees and agents shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused (including indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential loss or damages such as a loss of income, profits, interest, future business, business opportunity or anticipated savings) arising out of the purchase, possession, sale, delivery or use of our mattresses. Our aggregate liability for the purchase, possession, sale, delivery or use of our mattresses is limited to the aggregate amount paid by for our Mattresses.