A Guide TO Choose The Perfect Duvet
Sleep allows you to recharge your batteries in an optimal way. And the duvet, whether natural or synthetic, is there to better regulate the temperature of our body to obtain the healthiest, most pleasant and comfortable sleep. To choose your duvet, different characteristics are available to you, it all depends on your needs.
What are the types of duvet?
- Synthetic duvets with healthy filling, light and easy to live with. Thanks to its composition of polyester fibers, the synthetic filling lets air through to give you a feeling of softness and comfort. Its siliconized hollow fibers contain more air for more warmth and insulation. In addition, they are easy to wash. Do you suffer from allergies? Duvets treated to fight against dust mites and allergy symptoms are the solution (treatments tested in laboratories recognized for their effectiveness), this type of duvet will guarantee you the most peaceful sleep.
- Natural duvets with luxurious, warm and light filling. Extremely light, precious and soft, the natural filling is very healthy: it "breathes", allowing the evacuation of perspiration at night. Composed of high quality down or feathers (treated against allergies and bacteria), these natural duvets have the quality of being warm in winter and cool in summer. Feathers or down? Be aware that down is lighter and bulkier than feathers. And the higher the percentage of down, the lighter, fluffier, airier and warmer your duvet will be.
Which heat index should you choose?
Whether it is a natural or synthetic filling, you will have to choose the heat index for your duvet. This index depends on the weight of the duvet. The higher it is, the warmer and more puffy the duvet will be. The weights vary from approximately 175 to 500 g/m2. Each duvet comes in different heat indices, higher or lower. For Singapore weather we would advise to get a filling of 175 to 200 g/m2.
An easy-care duvet, is it possible?
All Epitex duvets and quilts are machine washable, in accordance with recommendations indicated on the label. We advise you to use little detergent and avoid fabric softeners. With regard to natural duvets, it is preferable to add tennis balls in the drum to preserve its swelling.
Tip: For more longevity, don't forget to shake it and air it regularly!
How often should you renew your duvet?
For reasons of comfort and health, it is recommended to change duvets regularly. It all depends on the type of filling:
- Every 4 years on average for synthetic filling
- Approximately every 10 years for a natural duvet
The criteria that make the difference:
- The cover: a 100% cotton cover allows a duvet to breathe better, thus guaranteeing the evacuation of humidity. For an even softer touch, opt for the microfiber cover.
- Treatments against allergies: all of our duvets are treated against dust mites and bacteria.